Show me an example Israel Real Estate News: RE/Max is the largest real-estate brokerage network in Israel

Friday, August 22, 2008

RE/Max is the largest real-estate brokerage network in Israel

Bernard Raskin has come a long way since his childhood in Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe. He received a PhD in criminology from the University of Pennsylvania in the United States. When he came to Israel in 1983 he became a lecturer at Bar-Ilan University for seven years. Raskin might be the only criminologist who switched from a sedentary and secure university job to the dynamism of a business career in real estate. But for Raskin it came naturally.

"I started my working life in the ivory towers of the academic establishment, but from the beginning I was interested in the business world," he says.

"While at Bar-Ilan, I slowly realized the business opportunities in local real estate and decided that if I was going to go into business, real estate was my best option. At those times there were no global real-estate brokerage firms in Israel, and I realized that representing a large, well-known global brokerage could be successful. That is the reason I approached RE/Max.